Mr. Brent Herdman
Food Services Director
197 Brocklesby Rd.
Caledonia, OH 43314
Phone: (740) 725-5420
Fax: (740) 725-5499
Click here to login to add money
to your students lunch accounts.
For Parent Support Team call
At River Valley Local Schools we know that good nutrition and learning go hand in hand!
The Food Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines.
We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
- Attention Liberty students in grades K-5: We will be serving FREE breakfast this year!
- Breakfast is available each morning in all school buildings. All students are welcome to join us for the most important meal of the day to help children be ready to learn. The price is $1.35 for breakfast which includes two breakfast items, a fruit or juice and a milk. The breakfast meal plan is designed to meet 1/4 of the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) for key nutrients for breakfast. Free/Reduced Lunch benefits also provide a reduced breakfast for $.30 cents or free for those who qualify.
- Breakfast Price $1.35
- Reduced Price $.30
- Adult Breakfast $1.75
- Breakfast at Liberty Elementary is FREE for students in grades K-5.
- Lunch is available at all grade levels. A typical "Type A" school lunch includes an entree, two side dishes, and milk. The meals are based on the guidelines set by the National School Lunch Program to assure only nourishing, well-balanced meals are served to children. The minimum standards for the National School Lunch Program requires meals to include:
1/3 of the Recommended Dietary Allowances for protein, calcium, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C.
Provide 1/3 of the calories needed by growing children based on the appropriate age/grade group.
Limit calories from total fat to no more than 30% of total calories.
Limit calories from unsaturated fat to no more than 10% of total calories.
Schools are also encouraged to reduce the level of cholesterol, moderate the use of salt and increase fiber in the meals.
- Vending machines selling beverages accepts cash and credit.